Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Making our goal!

We are really coming along with our goal for the trip! I was so happy to have picked up an anonymous gift for this trip of loose change. It totaled $115! What a blessing that was! So, I will be able to take a good amount of cash with me to do so many things:
1. feed those that we find without food and searching in the streets for anything
2. serve those from the orphanages a meal for the kids and the staff
3. purchase supplies for the kids (paper, crayons, bandaids, or whatever)

Also, I have 99 scarves ready to load into my suitcase. They are coming from friends, my mom, my friends' moms, and from all over! I will have 150 scarves to take to the fistula hospital and hand out to the women there. They have so little dignity left after what has happened to them that I felt a need to make scarves for them to feel pretty and new. Check out the website in my favorites for the story NOVA did on PBS about the fistula hospital and the hope they bring these women. It will truly touch your heart!

What an impact we can make if so many of us bring what we can. I'm getting so excited!

2 comments:

  1. Greta - I LOVE seeing the scarves you will be bringing to the young girls at the Fistula Hospital! Each scarf will be so treasured by the girls - not only because it is something pretty for them to have, but it's a little something that helps them to feel special and worthy after feeling so worthless and shamed. I can't wait to see the looks on their faces (and yours) as you give them these special gifts!! See you in less than 2 weeks Greta!! ~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greta,
    You are an inspiration to all of us! An inspiration that shows how listening to what God is saying to you AND obeying Him is truly what being a follower of Jesus is all about! You haven't even left yet and I already feel like you are creating a bond between us and the precious children in Ethiopia......again, you haven't even left yet! Thanks to your entire group & bless you all! Love you Greta!
    Jami

    ReplyDelete