Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sponsorship kickoff








Hey everyone,
Profiles of the chi
ldren at Kechene
School/Care Point should be here before the end of the week! I am so excited to get this kicked off! If you are interested in sponsoring, I will have a booth on Friday night at the Dickens play at Hidden Valley at intermission. I would also be available through an email if you are wanting me to hold a boy or girl for you.

Sponsorship is $34/month for the nutrition, spiritual growth and education and support of a child in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. I can tell you from first hand observation that the children have wonderful teachers and caring adults at the school who look after them...but the money is running out. Thanks to so many of your donations and our future sponsorships, they'll be ok! We sent money to cover 2 months of food and one month of teachers' salaries today! With sponsorship starting, the children will continue to get food, water, continued education and support from their teachers and project workers.

I would like to direct you to this amazing video that sums up what I experienced and felt as I shared a few days with these kids. You can look it up in my favorites to the right of this blog.

Again, if you feel called to do this, let me know. If not, maybe this isn't the right timing or not your calling. That is ok. I was at a time when I didn't feel moved towards this, but rather towards other things that were also important. Just wanted to share and give you an opportunity to let me know if you'd like me to save a little one for you.

Thanks again for all your prayers and support!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWHJ6-YhSYQ

Just thought I'd add a sponsor's thought on their latest news from their little sponsor girl. Take a look at this...


Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Best Before and After EVER!

We began sponsoring Adanu at the Trees of Glory care-point in July. The picture below was taken in June.
This next picture was taken in November. Just five month later!
I can not get over the difference. I had e-mailed Karen, our contact with Trees of Glory, telling her I couldn't wait to get a new picture of Adanu when she (Karen) went to visit in November. I wanted to see Adunu's smile! And I couldn't wait to take that sad picture down.

But I had to leave it up on the fridge. It's lower now, and to the side of the new picture. But I can't get enough of seeing those two pictures next to each other.

What a difference sponsorship makes!

In the new picture Adanu is holding the care package we sent with Karen. All the love we could stuff into a gallon size ziploc bag. A new shirt, other small gifts, and letter and a picture of our family.





Here are the kids at Kechene who we are ready to start bringing hope through nutrition, prayers, education, and just plain love...






Below: I am ashamed to say that I did not see this little boy's shoes or notice them when I was visiting. I did notice, however, after this picture was sent to me by Karen. She captured the essence of the situation in one single picture of a pair of shoes











Below: The pants on the boys were all missing zippers and were of uneven size using rope at times to hold them up.






Below: This 8 year old lost his Dad. He is single orphaned and crippled. He is now sponsored!!






Below: This little guy was not so sure about this picture thing, but humored us.





Below: We live right here, in a tiny little town where people will pray for you, support you, and love you!!!



2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to see what God has in store for these kids and this amazing care-point. I too was deeply moved by the staff and incredible teachers that care so much for these kids. And the kids .... so well-behaved and genuinely thrilled to have us there. They have HOPE now and it makes all the difference in the world!! love - Karen Wistrom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greta,
    I'm planning on posting on my blog about sponsoring. I'll link here and maybe that will bring a little more traffic your way. No clue who is reading my blog these days :) I'm so excited to watch as things change for these kids and their incredible teachers (I still laugh about their energy!).
    love, apryl

    ReplyDelete