Sunday, February 27, 2011

A break to the North

We enjoyed a great getaway to my family's cottage this weekend near Minocqua, WI. It was such a calming weekend of soft snow, good food, warm fires, and fun with my boys and Matt. My Dad and I even got a trail or two in on our skis.

It was really great to see the boys out on their skis and enjoying the beauty that winter can offer, even if we are tired of it. Caleb even coaxed us all out on the ice, with skiis, in the dark.

The boys had a lot of fun with Matt hiding behind rocks waiting for me to emerge from the trail after one of my skiing trips. Then, without any other warning other than my dad also waiting at the end of the trail taking a picture, they jumped out from behind the rocks sounding like sick goats. I didn't know whether to be scared or laugh. It was pretty funny.
"Peaceful" was definitely the word for the weekend; reading, relaxing, skiing, and soaking up the beauty of winter (without the usual obligations it so often seems to bring).


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a beautiful weekend!!! So glad you were able to enjoy some time away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, looks wonderful. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete