Saturday, February 5, 2011

Out for Ethiopian!



We had so much fun at a local Ethiopian restaurant! We visited Madison's only Ethiopian food with our new friend, Selam. We were so glad she was able to go with us. She got to have Ethiopian and I got to watch my family experience what I meant by "injera bread, wot, sigawot, or Tibs."

Everything was wonderful, except it was different to eat the injera bread after it was UNDER the 5 different dishes. It was rather soggy, but my very American husband LOVED it! Selam, not so much. She asked for more injera bread separate. I don't blame her. Other than the soggy injera, the meal was a hit with everyone!

I guess it was a success when the 11 and 14 year old ask when we can go back!


Here is Selam with Matt, Caleb and Gavin. We decided to go "family style" with one big plate and 5 meals to choose from. You dip your injera bread and pinch whatever meal you want to try.





















Selam and I in front of Eastern African Cuisine on State St.











1 comment:

  1. Love it - my mouth starts watering just thinking about those yummy Ethiopia one-of-a-kind spices! So glad Matt and the boys got to experience it too! What a blessings your family is to Selam - and she to you! love, Karen Wistrom

    ReplyDelete