Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Home!

Wow, is it good to be home! I can't tell you how much the word home has changed! I have just been in awe of how much we have; ice, clean water, warm and cozy rooms, food in the fridge, the sweet smells, and just everything! I am especially in awe of all the friends and family who have supported me and especially Matt during such a life changing week for our family.

I finally got to read all these posts that my dear husband has been keeping up with. I am only beginning to really understand what a week he had and how much he has changed. God is so good. I did not anticipate anything like this. We decided to take the risks of a mission trip like this without thinking of other outcomes. My husband's heart was not one of the outcomes that I thought about. Wow, was I wrong. I am truly blessed beyond belief!

The things we all saw in Ethiopia and experienced can't be put into words at this point. I have too many things that will have to be processed as I work through the emotions and guilt I feel about not having done this before. What an experience.

The biggest emotional tug for me was meeting and spending time with our sponsor daughter, Biz. She is a sweet, compassionate little 5 year old. I was able to give lots of hugs, receive lots of hugs, tell her I loved her and pray for her and shower her with gifts and pictures. It was an amazing time! Now, I must just accept that we can love her from here and shower her with love and prayers from a world away even though I feel as though she is our daughter. Sponsorship is so special that way; adoption from afar, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment