Tuesday, November 9, 2010

In awe of the love of others


Over the last several weeks since I have been preparing for this trip to Ethiopia, I have received donations of so many things from so many different people. I stand here tonight looking at my stuffed suitcase. I notice 154 scarves that about 9 different women have worked on. I see brand new Lands' End clothes from a dear former teacher of ours. I see beautiful, new blankets, hats, and sleepers from a dear friend. I see shoes from a friend who wanted orphans to have something on their feet. I also see a bag of beads that will entertain and engross the children for hours that was donated by yet another dear friend. The list goes on and on.

Recently, I've received various donations that have been given with such support and love that it has been hard to wrap my mind around it. I've received a ton of coins in a zip lock bag from an anonymous donor to a piggy bank donation that seemed like "life savings" from the little ones that donated. Just today, another dear friend dropped off this vase of coins that their family has been working hard to fill for the orphans I'll be meeting next week. I am so honored by this task to fill. I am honored to take your hard earned donations and give 100% of it to the fatherless the motherless and the "least of these." Thanks everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment