Thursday, November 4, 2010

Packing...

With just over a week until we leave for Ethiopia, I have most of my packing, some shopping, and lots of organizing to do yet. I am thinking over where to store donations, passport, and money. Where should I put my clothes vs. all the 140 scarves that are ready to go? So much to think about... however, as the time nears, I feel the support of so many friends and family who are praying and offering their assistance in any way they can. How humbling to be a part of such an amazing adventure!

In prepping for a speaking engagement this wee k about the trip, I came across some pictures from last year when we started to sponsor our sponsor child in Ethiopia at Kind Hearts Orphanage. I just have to share the pictures because... they took my breath away.
Before sponsorship (Nov. 2009)



After sponsorship (Feb. 2010)

Is she not adorable? She is now in 1st grade and 6 years old, thriving and learning with the support of people who love her at the orphanage and from afar. Soon, we will have our picture together while the miles between us disappear. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment